Laser Spine Labels for Use with Sirsi's Unicorn/Workflows
The original Word macro on which these are based was written by Melissa Shephard, Huntsville Public Library. It has been heavily modified by Joel Hahn, Niles Public Library District.
Choose your label arrangement. (Note: The height & width of each label can always be altered, but changing the number of labels in a row or column requires changing the underlying macro) The numbers indicate number of labels across, then down, as you view the printed text.
3x10 plus vertical gutters
6x14 plus vertical gutters
8x8 plus vertical gutters
- Download & unzip the file above that best meets your needs. (Note that, as long as the number of labels per row & column is the same, you can change the dimensions of the labels all you want and the macro will still work.)
- Find your Normal.dot file and rename it Normal-dot.org (If you're using Win2K or WinXP, this is probably in your individual user directory.)
- Copy the Normal-.dot file from the zip file to the same directory as your old Normal.dot file and rename it Normal.dot
- Copy the -Label.dot file to the same directory.
- Change your Finished Reports wizard to view reports in MS Word.
- When you view a report, if it's not a Print Spine Labels report, click Cancel; otherwise, follow the on-screen instructions and click OK.
- Wait a minute or two for the macro to process your labels.
Upgrading these templates to Word 2007
- Instructions forthcoming, as soon as I can figure out the final pieces needed to make it work. In the meantime, try to hold onto a copy of Word 2003 as long as you can.
Return to programs page